By BEN SHAPIRO
This morning, the Obama team, springboarding from mainstream media coverage it had likely astroturfed, said that Mitt Romney was either a “felon” or a liar. Its mainstream media lackeys quickly played it up. And this morning, the Obama team was completely debunked by members of its own media, who were shamed into telling the truth by an enraged New Media. Now, the Romney campaign is calling for an apology from the Obama campaign and a retraction from the Boston Globe.
“President Obama’s campaign hit a new low today when one of its senior advisers made a reckless and unsubstantiated charge to reporters about Mitt Romney that was so over the top that it calls into question the integrity of their entire campaign,” said Matt Rhoades, Campaign Manager of Romney For President. “President Obama ought to apologize for the out-of-control behavior of his staff, which demeans the office he holds. Campaigns are supposed to be hard fought, but statements like those made by Stephanie Cutter belittle the process and the candidate on whose behalf she works.”
Another day, another Obama campaign implosion on Bain Capital.
- Obama campaign now reportedly attacking Romney’s Olympic record (abc4.com)
- Obama won’t apologize for staff on Bain (politico.com)
- Romney: You Lie! Report: No, YOU Lie! (nymag.com)
- Obama Spokesman Tells Ed Schultz Campaign Will Not Apologize For Romney/Felony Remark (mediaite.com)
- Obama Campaign Suggests Mitt Romney is a… FELON?! (bokertov.typepad.com)
- Obama, Romney campaigns accuse each other of lies (cnsnews.com)
- Mitt Romney Wants Apology for ‘Felony’ Remark (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Obama Campaign: Romney A Liar, Potential Criminal (buzzfeed.com)
- Mitt’s self-inflicted wounds (salon.com)
- Romney punches back with ad calling Obama a liar (washingtonpost.com)