July 12, 2012
The Romney campaign has been accused of deliberately getting the Republican presidential candidate booed by black people during his NAACP speech to attract votes ‘in certain racist precincts’, by MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell.
Romney was booed for 15 seconds at the National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People conference in Houston on Wednesday when he stated he would ‘eliminate’ unnecessary programmes like the Obamacare health reform.
Democrats united in saying that Romney planned to get booed to appeal to his conservative base. But O’Donnell and his guests went a step further by saying that Romney was making a play for white racists.
- Lawrence O’Donnell: Did Romney Campaign Want To Get Booed At NAACP To Appeal To Racist Voters? (mediaite.com)
- Good Grief! MSNBC Analysts Say Mitt Romney Deliberately Got Booed at NAACP (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Romney Accused of Racism After Saying NAACP Wants ‘Free Stuff’ (nymag.com)
- MSNBC: Romney baited NAACP into booing speech to court racist voters (twitchy.com)
- MSNBC: Racist Romney WANTED to get booed at NAACP event! (theblaze.com)
- Romney Respect is Labeled Race-Baiting (commentarymagazine.com)
- Romney And The NAACP (duanegraham.wordpress.com)
- Loons Gone Wild: Romney Got Booed by the Naacp on Purpose! (mikesright.wordpress.com)
- Did Romney want to get booed? (salon.com)
- Romney Absorbs Boos, Tells NAACP That Democrats Have Failed Blacks (npr.org)