July 11, 2012
Stanley McChrystal, the former commander in occupied Afghanistan, wants to bring back forced conscription. He believes sending 18 year olds into warzones designed by the global elite will “instill a sense of shared civic duty among young Americans,” the AFP reports.
McChrystal admitted that a decade of war has all but chewed up and spit out the so-called volunteer army, which is in fact a last ditch effort at job trainingand government benefits by millions of economically disenfranchised Americans. It has also served to vent the frustration of patriotic but deluded Americans conditioned by incessant war propaganda following the attacks of September 11, 2001, allegedly committed by a database, al-Qaeda.
In 2010, former Pentagon boss Robert Gates said bankster wars of conquest are but an “abstraction” to most Americans and it might be a good idea to reassociate them with the horror, as Marlon Brando’s Captain Kurtz described modern combat in Apocalypse Now.
Admiral Mike Mullen also lamented the insularity of the military and said civilians “do not know us.”
- Ex-US commander McChrystal calls for reviving draft (rawstory.com)
- Former Afghanistan Commander Calls for Drafting Americans (destructionist.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Former Afghanistan Commander Calls for Conscription (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Ex-US commander McChrystal calls for reviving draft (prn.fm)
- Gen. Stanley McChrystal, former commander of NATO troops in Afghanistan, demands the re-instatement of conscription so that next time Washington commits itself to a needless foreign war “every town, every city [will be] at risk.” (barbaradiamond.blogspot.com)
- General Stanley McChrystal calls for Reinstatement of the Draft; War with Iran/Syria and their comrades seems imminent. (investmentwatchblog.com)
- Why bringing back the draft for military service would be a disaster | Matthew Harwood (guardian.co.uk)
- No, We Don’t Need To Bring Back The Draft (outsidethebeltway.com)
- General McChrystal Says It’s Time To Bring Back Slavery (informationliberation.com)
- McChrystal: Time to bring back the draft (thecable.foreignpolicy.com)