Cops promise to use footage for training purposes
Paul Joseph Watson
Thursday, July 12, 2012
A Florida man was repeatedly tased by police officers and arrested for refusing to identify himself, but instead of apologizing, the Casselberry Police Department insisted it would use footage of the incident for training purposes.
The video begins with police accusing Zikomo Peurifoy of jaywalking before they demand to see his identification.
The officer is asked by Peurifoy what statute requires that he show his ID, to which he responds, “Give me your ID or you’re going to go to jail.”
When Peurifoy refuses, two officers grab him while the man warns he will press charges for assault because he has committed no crime. Requests for a supervisor to be called are ignored.
After cops attempt to handcuff Peurifoy, he resists before a taser is used repeatedly while Peurifoy yells, “You are assaulting me.”
Peurifoy still manages to escape the clutches of police before he is repeatedly tased again before he finally falls to the ground and is arrested.
Far from apologizing for the incident, which appears to clearly show cops over-reacting, the Casselberry Police Department defended the actions of police and told WFTV, “That their officers followed policy so well that they’re going to use the video for training.”
Peurifoy faces charges of “resisting with violence and battery on a law enforcement officer,” despite the fact that the video shows Peurifoy did not attack any of the officers at any point during the confrontation.
- Prison Planet.com ” Video: Cops Tase Man For Refusing To ID (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Video: Cops Tase Man For Refusing To ID (destructionist.wordpress.com)
- Officers in Florida taser man 3 times for jaywalking (thegrio.com)
- Karl Laventure, “Zombie Cannibal” High on Bath Salts, Threatens to Eat Cops (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Lima man tased following confrontation in woods near Walmart (limaohio.com)
- ‘See My Fists? They’re About To F**k You Up’: The Motto of the Fullerton PD (lewrockwell.com)
- Terrible Cops Tase a Pregnant Woman Three Times for Speeding [Excessive Force] (jezebel.com)
- Rhode Island Cop Still Employed Despite Conviction of Kicking Woman to Head (pixiq.com)
- Vallejo Police Killed Man With Excessive Tasing, Lawsuit Claims (blogs.sfweekly.com)
- VIDEO PROOF: Tasing Victim Speaks Out (whotv.com)