July 11, 2012
Rick Perry is grandstanding because he has failed to protect Texans from the threat of the new IRS enforced “tax” against people who decline Obamacare.
Oklahoma State Representative Mike Ritz plans to introduce legislation that does protect the states’ citizens because it authorizes Oklahoma’s Attorney General to defend citizens who fail to purchase insurance against the federal government and it criminalizes enforcement of the individual mandate.
The proposed Oklahoma bill is based on model legislation from the Tenth Amendment Center, the ‘Federal Health Care Nullification Act’.
Although Bilderberger Rick Perry pretends to be a conservative and constitutionalist, his opposition to Obamacare is a lightweight effort that fails to protect individuals.
Nonetheless, it is still helpful in the movement to nullify Obamacare. If states refuse to set up insurance market exchanges, the federal government says it will implement the insurance exchange for them. However, Michael Boldin of the Tenth Amendment Center said, “if the federal government had the resources to do this in the first place, states wouldn’t even be part of the equation. It is unlikely that that the feds have the funding to do this, and they’ll need the complicity of the states to pull it off.”
- Rick Perry: No Obamacare for Texas (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rick Perry Grandstands Against Obamacare (activistpost.com)
- Is Rick Perry’s Rejection of the Affordable Care Act Political Posturing or A Portent of What’s to Come? (smd12364.newsvine.com)
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry Refuses To Implement ‘Obamacare’ (tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry: ObamaCare will “find no foothold here” (hotair.com)
- Perry: Texas Won’t Comply With ObamaCare (politics.blogs.foxnews.com)
- Perry Says NO-bamacare for Texas (blogs.dallasobserver.com)
- Texas to ObamaCare: “Bend over!” (teapartywit.com)
- Rick Perry tells 25 percent of his constituents they can go to hell (dailykos.com)
- Rick Perry States He Will Nullify Obamacare, but… (bungalowbillscw.blogspot.com)