July 9, 2012
Dominique de Kevelioc de Bailleul of Beacon Equity Research predicts that the coming conflict with Syria will be the trigger event that takes down the U.S. dollar. A military response to Syria and Iran would likely draw in Russia and China, he warns, and the result would be a conflagration the world has not witnessed since the Second World War.
“Cold War-like comments made at the ‘Friends of Syria’ conference in Paris by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton toward Russia and China strongly suggest that a showdown between the former Cold War rivals, now to include China, is on.” he writes. “The prize: oil – and by implications the future of the U.S. petrodollar standard and the American way of life.
U.S. Secretary of State Clinton excoriates China and Russia.
On Friday, during a meeting with French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius and Friends of the Syrian People (an umbrella organization created by Nicholas Sarkozy), Clinton demandedChina and Russia pay a price for not supporting military action against Syria and its leader, Bashar al-Assad. Russia and China are “holding up progress and blockading it,” she insisted.
The Syrian opposition used the meeting in Paris to call for a “no-fly zone” in Syria, a moveRussia opposes. A similar no-fly zone in Libya last year announced by the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Mike Mullen, was used to attack the north African country with Tomahawk cruise missiles and target air defense facilities, tanks, and artillery.
- Endgame in Syria and Iran Risks War with China and Russia (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
- Endgame in Syria and Iran Risks War with China and Russia (investmentwatchblog.com)
- Clinton bluffed in warning Russia, China over Syria: Analyst (presstv.ir)
- Endgame in Syria and Iran Risks War with China and Russia… (projectworldawareness.com)
- China Rejects US Criticism Involving Syria Conflict (blogs.voanews.com)
- Annan says Russia, Iran have key role in Syria peace efforts (dailystar.com.lb)
- Syria’s fighting spills into Lebanon, five killed (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Clinton: Russia and China “will pay” for supporting Syria (EndtheLie.com)
- China Rejects US Criticism Involving Syria Conflict (voanews.com)
- Syria crisis: Clinton lambasts China and Russia as Annan urges unity (guardian.co.uk)