By Joe Wolverton II,
Last week the Supreme Court of the United States exceeded its authority by declaring an unconstitutional act of Congress constitutional. While there are many powerful weapons in the fight that must be fought to dismantle ObamaCare, one of the best items in the arsenal is nullification.
Simply stated, nullification is a concept of legal statutory construction that endows each state with the right to nullify, or invalidate, any federal measure that a state deems unconstitutional. Nullification is founded on the assertion that the sovereign states formed the union, and as creators of the compact, they hold ultimate authority as to the limits of the power of the central government to enact laws that are applicable to the states and the citizens thereof.
In the wake of the Supreme Court’s ObamaCare decision, state legislators and governors are boldly asserting there right to restrain the federal government and are accordingly considering bills that will stop ObamaCare’s multitude of mandates at the state border.
One of these noble state legislators is State Representative Mike Ritze of Oklahoma (pictured above, along with the Oklahoma State Capitol). Since its introduction by President Obama two years ago, Representative Ritze has fought to protect the citizens of his state from the burdens imposed by not only the individual mandate of ObamaCare, but from all effect from so many unlawful intrusions into family life that are part of the federal
- Oklahoma State Rep. to Propose ObamaCare Nullification Bill (libertycrier.com)
- Oklahoma State Rep. to Propose ObamaCare Nullification Bill (thenewamerican.com)
- Oklahoma Seeks Nullification of ObamaCare, Power To Arrest Federal Agents (libertycrier.com)
- Joe Wolverton, II ~ Oklahoma State Rep. to Propose ObamaCare Nullification Bill (shiftfrequency.com)
- Devvy Kidd – Obamacare: Nullification, equal protection and important court cases, Part 1 (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Nullification Chatter Escalating, But Could It Actually Happen? (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Setting Things Straight on Nullification (txwclp.org)
- (“Jury Nullification Is NOW The Law”) New Hampshire Strikes a Blow Against the Sovietized Amerikan ‘Justice’ System by William Norman Grigg (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Judges! (personalliberty.com)
- Obama’s Constitutional Crisis – Tea Party Nation (nebraskaenergyobserver.wordpress.com)