By Katie Pavlich
Right now the United Nations is meeting and negotiating in New York City. One of the treaties up for consideration and finalization is the Arms Trade Treaty, better known as the “Small Arms Treaty.” We’ve heard anti-Second Amendment groups like the Brady Campaign scream about how President Obama has done nothing to further domestic gun control, but their yelling is only a distraction from what the corrupt and dirty UN has been up to.
What does this treaty do? It doesn’t just control heavy weaponry used by our military but reaches right into the homes of gun owning Americans by controlling pistols, rifles and ammunition with the full backing of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and a readied signature from President Obama.
-Enact tougher licensing requirements, creating additional bureaucratic red tape for legal firearms ownership.
-Confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms (exempting those owned by our government of course).
-Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons (any that have magazines even though they still operate in the same one trigger pull – one single “bang” manner as revolvers, a simple fact the ant-gun media never seem to grasp).
-Create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.
In short, overriding our national sovereignty, and in the process, providing license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights.
Have no doubt that this plan is very real, with strong Obama administration support. In January 2010 the U.S. joined 152 other countries in endorsing a U.N. Arms Treaty Resolution that will establish a 2012 conference to draft a blueprint for enactment. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has pledged to push for Senate ratification.
Not only is the treaty written to limit the Second Amendment rights of Americans, rogue terrorism supporting regimes like Iran have been appointed to oversee it’s implementation.
- Author and journalist Katie Pavlich talks to Glenn Reynolds… (anoncentral.tumblr.com)
- Fast & Furious more sinister than you thought (wnd.com)
- U.N. ATT treaty, if ratified, would surrender U.S. sovereignty by shredding the 2nd amendment (illinoisreview.typepad.com)
- Allen West Response to ObamaTax: Everyone Should Buy a Glock 9mm or We’ll Tax You (townhall.com)
- UN finalizes plan to allow future confiscation of legally-owned guns (winteryknight.wordpress.com)
- U.N. Stealth Treaty to Gut Our Second Amendment? (Open Thread) (wtpotus.wordpress.com)
- NRA Takes Aim at Weapons Treaty (usnews.com)
- Elimination of the Second Amendment Is Upon Us – the Small Arms Treaty Coming on July 27th (independentsentinel.com)
- Obama is going after your guns (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Caption Contest! MSNBC After Walker Victory (townhall.com)