By Walter Hickey
Stuck indoors due to the massive heatwave sweeping the nation, the Department of Defense spent more than $9.2 billion in a mere four days. That’s up from $4 billion the week before.Not even the Fourth of July could stop the Pentagon from an absolutely massive week of defense spending.
But we did our best to find the most compelling contracts of the 90 concluded in the first week of July and see where the money went.
America…enjoy your recent purchases:
- If You’re An American Taxpayer, These Are Your Most Recent Defense Purchases (BA, TXT) (businessinsider.com)
- Red, White and Blue It: How to Look Chic on the Fourth of July (fabsugar.com)
- Navy moves ahead on biofuels despite congressional ire. (reuters.com)
- Navy moves ahead on biofuels despite congressional ire (reuters.com)
- USA Today Promotes Industry Claim That Military Spending Cuts Hurt The Economy (thinkprogress.org)
- Here’s What Gets Axed In The First Round Of Defense Cuts [Presentation] (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- Cut ‘Defense’ Spending by 75% (txwclp.org)
- DOD Leaders: Sequestration Threatens Military’s Successes (defense.gov)
- Pentagon’s contract with Rosoboronexport (syriantaskforce.org)
- Crony Capitalism Creeps Into the Defense Budget (johnmalcolm.me)