BY: ANTHONY MARTIN
Upon the advice of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, President Obama has confirmed his intention to sign two controversial U.N. treaties — the Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST) and the so called “small arms” treaty.
Although many citizens and elected representatives are sounding the alarm about the small arms treaty, such as this entry Sunday at the Daily Paul, some political observers note that the treaty is unlikely to pass the Senate. But a very different scenario is developing for the Law of the Sea.
Twenty Republican senators are set to join with Democrats in upholding LOST.
In a breaking update, two of the 20 Republican senators have now indicated they will oppose the Law of the Sea Treaty. One political activist stated that it is important for citizens to call the offices of all 20 to make sure those Senators are on the record with their intent to vote against the treaty. McConnell and Toomey now state they will vote no.
- Senate set to approve controversial UN gun treaty (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Obama Rushing Passage of the Law of the Sea Treaty & the Small Arms Treaty (independentsentinel.com)
- U.N. ATT treaty, if ratified, would surrender U.S. sovereignty by shredding the 2nd amendment (illinoisreview.typepad.com)
- REJECT the “Law Of the Sea Treaty” (LOST) (ppjg.me)
- Rumsfeld on Hill to Stand Fast Against Kerry’s Law of Sea Treaty Drive (pjmedia.com)
- Dick Morris: Obama Set To Sign UN Gun Control Treaty, July 27 (Video) (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Law of the Sea Treaty – A Socialist Manifesto – Senate Hearings Today, June 14 – Updated (independentsentinel.com)
- After Opposing in Senate, Lott Lobbies for Law of Sea Treaty Ratification (cnsnews.com)
- DOD looks to foreign allies for help passing Law of the Sea treaty (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Obama Wants to Redistribute Our Sovereignty with the Law of the Sea Treaty (redstate.com)