Agency claims it is attempting to be “unpredictable”
The TSA has attempted to explain away a bizarre expansion of its powers inside airports as part of a move to employ “unpredictable measure(s)” to snare would be criminals and terrorists.
Yesterday we reported on the fact that the federal agency is now demanding the right to test drinks purchased by passengers after they have already passed through airport security.
Many passengers have recently complained that TSA agents have approached them randomly after they have passed through the checkpoints, and have demanded to run tests on drinks they have purchased inside the secure gate areas, without explaining what they were testing for.
Travelers interviewed by the news channel KJCT8 condemned the rules as “ridiculous” and “extreme”, noting that practice is pointless given that the beverages are delivered securely to the airport in the first place and have already been passed though security checks.
Now, in a blog post on the TSA website, spokesman “Blogger Bob” Burns said the practice is nothing new and is part of the agency’s remit for creating “unpredictability” in the layers of security already in place.
“So, the most popular question that comes up with this topic is: ‘Isn’t this redundant?’” writes Burns. “On the surface, it does seem that way, and it’s the first logical thought that many have. However, any security expert will tell you that nothing is ever 100 percent secure. So, gate screening is kind of like our safety net to keep up with anybody who might be trying to get things past conventional screening,” he added.
- TSA Demands Bizarre New Power To Test Drinks Purchased In Airports (mountainrepublic.net)
- TSA Powertrippers Order Passengers to “Freeze!” (musicians4freedom.com)
- New TSA Policy: Ordering Travelers To “Freeze” On Command? – Infowars.com (thetimetimes.com)
- TSA Demands Bizarre New Power To Test Drinks Purchased In Airports (theaveragejoenewsblogg.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” TSA Explains Bizarre New Policy Of Testing Drinks Purchased In Airports (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- TSA Demands Bizarre New Power To Test Drinks Purchased In Airports (wrc559.com)
- TSA Explains Bizarre New Policy Of Testing Drinks Purchased In Airports (investmentwatchblog.com)
- TSA Demands Bizarre New Power To Test Drinks Purchased In Airports (12160.info)
- New TSA Policy: Ordering Travelers To “Freeze” On Command? (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
- New TSA Policy: Ordering Travelers To “Freeze” On Command? (12160.info)