Concern as National Guard and FEMA deployed in wake of severe weather
July 3, 2012
National Guard troops are conducting door to door “wellness checks” in areas of Virginia and Ohio following power outages due to severe heat and storms.
WDTV in West Virginia reports that “The National Guard is checking to make sure everyone is doing well.”
The report also states that some guardsmen have been instructed to go to people’s homes and carry out “personal health checks”.
“Since thousands were out of power in Harrison County and there’s been times the 911 center was down, the National Guard was going from house to house in places like Lost Creek, West Milford and Johnstown to see how everyone was holding up and getting them the help they may need.” the report states.
- Prison Planet.com ” Troops In Door To Door “Wellness Checks” In Virginia, Ohio (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- National Guard Troops Conducting Door to Door “Wellness Checks” In Virginia, Ohio (12160.info)
- James Φοίνιξ shared their page on Twitter (12160.info)
- National Guardsmen go door to door (wdtn.com)
- Guard Responds to Weather Damage, Wildfires (defense.gov)
- National Guard citizen-soldiers and airmen respond to severe weather damage, flooding and wildfires across the US (dvidshub.net)
- Eastern power outages could last days (cbsnews.com)
- W.Va. Under State of Emergency, Governor Speaks at Press Conference (wsaz.com)
- Virginia National Guard staging personnel in Lexington for storm recovery efforts (wsls.com)
- Mid-Atlantic power outage could last days (newsday.com)