July 3, 2012
Rep. Kevin Brady, a Texas Republican, warns that the IRS will hire up to 16,500 new enforcers in the coming months to go after citizens who do not pay the new Obamacare tax. The expansion is said to include criminal investigators who “make cases” in order to levy penalties on scofflaws.
Brady cites a recent analysis by the Joint Economic Committee and staff at the House Ways and Means Committee. The report says the IRS will need a fresh crop of agents to examine and audit tax information mandated by Obama’s misnamed Affordable Care Act.
In January of 2011, Rep. Michele Bachmann claimed the IRS planned to hire 16,500 IRS agents to police Obamacare compliance. CNN reported at the time that the number cited by the Minnesota Congresswoman originated in a GOP committee report, based on a preliminary estimate from the Congressional Budget Office.
“When most people think of health care reform they think of more doctors exams, not more IRS exams,” Brady said. “Isn’t the federal government already intruding enough into our lives? We need thousands of new doctors and nurses in America, not thousands more IRS agents.”
- Thousands of New IRS Agents Hired to Enforce Obamacare (12160.info)
- DNC Chair: Non-Compliance With Obamacare Will Not Be Tolerated (investmentwatchblog.com)
- DNC Chair: Non-Compliance With Obamacare Will Not Be Tolerated (12160.info)
- Obamacare: Tax Or Penalty? Call It What You Want, But IRS Won’t Be Able To Collect It (forbes.com)
- Sharon Cox shared Site *ADMINS*’s page on Facebook (12160.info)
- Wasserman Schultz Says Irs Will Collect Obamacare Tax But Claims It’s Not a Tax (healthcarebs.com)
- IRS Will Have Terrifying New Powers to Investigate You Under Obamacare (johnmalcolm.me)
- IRS Will Have Terrifying New Powers to Investigate You Under Obamacare (rushlimbaugh.com)
- Obama Lines Up Army of IRS Agents to Dole Out Punishment and Fear (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Paul Ryan: Medicare Cuts Keep Money For Medicare (huffingtonpost.com)