IRS “easiest enforcer” of health care law
Paul Joseph Watson
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Despite claiming Obamacare was “not a tax,” Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that the Internal Revenue Service would be the “easiest enforcer” of penalties against those who refuse to comply with the new health care law.
“The way we usually think of taxation, Wolf, is that taxation as the IRS administers is collected on broad swaths and large categories of individuals,” Wasserman Schultz said. “This is a penalty that will be assessed on the tax return if you choose to roll the dice and make us all pay for your being irresponsible and increase all of our health care costs.”
“We’re not going to tolerate that any more in America. You have to be responsible and you have to pay a penalty if you choose not to be,” she added.
Last week the Supreme Court upheld Obamacare on the basis that it falls under Congress’ taxation power. However, critics have argued that the health care law actually mandates Americans to buy a service under threat of government coercion, a violation of the commerce clause. The Supreme Court upheld this argument but still gave the green light anyway.
Under Obamacare, the IRS will be empowered to collect a whole raft of information about taxpayers and small business owners.
“The IRS now gets to know about a small business’s entire payroll, the level of their insurance coverage — and it gets to know the income of not just the primary breadwinner in your house, but your entire family’s income, in order to assess/collect the mandated tax,” reports Fox News.
- Wasserman Schultz Says Irs Will Collect Obamacare Tax But Claims It’s Not a Tax (healthcarebs.com)
- DNC Chair: Non-Compliance With Obamacare Will Not Be Tolerated (investmentwatchblog.com)
- Video: IRS is ‘easiest’ enforcer of health care law, DNC chief says (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- DNC Chair: Non-Compliance With Obamacare Will Not Be Tolerated (12160.info)
- Joseph Stiglitz: The Middle Class Has Been Screwed Over The Last Decade (businessinsider.com)
- DNC Chair: It’s easiest for the IRS to administer the health care mandate, but it’s not a tax (hotair.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” DNC Chair: Non-Compliance With Obamacare Will Not Be Tolerated (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Sharon Cox shared Site *ADMINS*’s page on Facebook (12160.info)
- 8. DNC Chair: Non-Compliance With Obamacare Will Not Be Tolerated (12160.info)
- Politics (keithburgess-jackson.typepad.com)
- McConnell: Odds against health law repeal (cbsnews.com)