By Sara Jacobi
An 18-year-old Wakefield resident was disqualified from his elected position along with 16 other Liberty Caucus delegates for failing to sign an affidavit to support Mitt Romney at the Republican National Convention in August.
The Massachusetts Republican Party has disqualified 17 Massachusetts Republicans from representing the state at the national convention for refusing to sign an affidavit pledging to support to Mitt Romney at the national convention.
One of them is 18-year-old Wakefield resident Evan Kenney.
Kenney, who was driven to become politically active at a young age, rushed to meet the deadline for delegates which was only 10 days after his 18th birthday. He worked up the nerve to present his speech to hundreds of the most influential Republicans in Massachusetts, including former Lieutenant Governor Kerry Healey and former Republican gubernatorial candidate Charlie Baker. When others at Wakefield High School were worried about picking out a tuxedo for prom or finishing up finals for graduation, Kenney was focused on recruiting libertarians from across the state to attend the Massachusetts sixth district’s caucus at Lynnfield High School in April.
And it was all worth it to Kenney, because he won a seat as an alternate delegate to the Republican National Convention, beating out some big names like Baker and Healey, and also beating out the Romney campaign’s list of preferred delegates to win.
Except he was disqualified. Unjustly, he might add.
- Politics 2012: Disqualification flap mars RNC convention run-up (upi.com)
- Romney campaign ousts Ron Paul delegates (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Massachusetts Republicans Oust Ron Paul Delegates (libertycrier.com)
- Mass. GOP deals dirty (bostonherald.com)
- The GOP’s affinity for loyalty oaths (maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com)
- Boston Globe on the MA Ouster of Paul Delegates (ronpaulnews.net)
- Mass. Republicans oust Ron Paul delegates (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Ron Paul Delegates Disqualified From The Republican National Convention – WTF ? (theaveragejoenewsblogg.com)
- Ron Paul Delegates Disqualified From The RNC (libertycrier.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Paul supporters booted in Massachusetts (gunnyg.wordpress.com)