MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -
One would expect to see boxes and stamps, flat-rate boxes and letters at a neighborhood post office, but a 3-foot-long slithering snake? That’s a whole other kind of special delivery.
Employees discovered a snake at a Miami Beach post office Thursday.
“What happened was, a snake decided to protrude outside the light fixture on top of the ceiling over where the window personnel work,” said post office Manager Manuel Ferrer.
Ferrer said he and employees at the office on West Avenue spotted the reptile warming itself in a light fixture.
“We didn’t know if it was going to come down. We didn’t know if it was going to bite somebody,” Ferrer said.
After customers had left and the post office closed, he tried to grab the snake from inside the ceiling, where it slid.
- Snake prompts post office closure (local10.com)
- Post Office Cuts Hours To Just 30 Minutes A Day (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rural post offices spared, but shorter hours eyed (amarillo.com)
- Stench hits functioning of post office (thehindu.com)
- Snake emerges from motorbike at 250km/h (news.ninemsn.com.au)
- Post Office Bank plans scrapped (confused.com)
- Stupid post office man!! (verynormal.wordpress.com)
- U.S. Postal Service plans to reduce hours at 3 area post offices (columbiamissourian.com)
- USPS plan saves rural post offices (kshb.com)
- Two post offices set for closure (ktbs.com)