The Supreme Court upheld President Barack Obama’s health care law on Thursday, but Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, a possible Republican vice presidential contender who has refused to establish a federally mandated health care exchange in his state, said Friday that he will continue to ignore it.
“We’re not going to start implementing Obamacare,” Jindal said during a conference call with Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell. “We’re committed to working to elect Gov. Romney to repeal Obamacare.”
Under the Affordable Care Act, states must set up a health insurance exchange program by Jan. 1, 2014, and will receive grants from the federal government to implement it. Several Republican governors, including both Jindal and McDonnell, have put off setting up the exchanges in the hope that the law would be repealed or struck down by the court. Now that the law has been upheld, Jindal said he won’t change course and is looking to presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney to lead the repeal effort if he takes office in 2013.
“Here in Louisiana we have not applied for the grants, we have not accepted many of these dollars, we’re not implementing the exchanges,” Jindal said. “We don’t think it makes any sense to implement Obamacare in Louisiana. We’re going to do what we can to fight it.”
- Louisiana: “We’re not going to start implementing Obamacare,” – Gov. Bobby Jindal (investmentwatchblog.com)
- Jindal Goes Berserk Over Obamacare Ruling – Time For An Exorcism! (dailykingfish.com)
- Gov. Jindal: La. won’t implement health law (content.usatoday.com)
- Gov. Jindal: La. won’t implement health care law – USA TODAY (content.usatoday.com)
- Governors Bobby Jindal and Scott Walker refuse to implement Obamacare (winteryknight.wordpress.com)
- Louisiana Gov Booby Jindel needs to leave the United States – now! (bonjupatten.com)
- Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal Commits Huge Gaffe (webpronews.com)
- Louisiana Governor Jindal: We Won’t Obey Health Care Law (alan.com)
- Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal refuses to implement Obamacare despite Supreme Court ruling (ktbs.com)
- Jindal, McDonnell attack Obama, Supreme Court decision on ObamaCare (hotair.com)