Chuck Baldwin Live
Friday, June 29, 2012
Last weekend, the Chicago Police Department collaborated with over 20 local churches in a giant effort to encourage Chicagoans “to get guns out of their homes.” WBBM News Radio has the story. “Using the lure of $100 gift cards, the Chicago Police Department is encouraging people to get guns out of their homes and turn them in this Saturday, during the annual gun turn-in program.”
The news report goes on to say, “[T]he Police Department is partnering with 20 churches.
First Deputy Supt. Alfonza Wysinger says anyone who turns in a real gun will get a $100 gift card. Replicas and BB guns are worth $10.
“‘No questions asked,’ Wysinger said. ‘Just show up at the church, and hand over the weapons to the CPD officer that will be there, and get your $100 gift card. So we strongly suggest that people come out that have weapons lying around the house, or weapons, maybe, that they don’t necessarily want in their house. This is a chance to get some money for their weapon, and get another dangerous weapon on [sic] the street.’”
The report then lists 23 churches that are identified as participating in the gun turn-in event.
- Chuck Baldwin – “Turn In Your Guns At Your Local Church” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- “Turn In Your Guns At Your Local Church” (chuckbaldwinlive.com)
- Chicago Police To Hold Gun Turn-In Event This Weekend (investmentwatchblog.com)
- CHICAGOLAND: Residents To Receive $100 Gift Cards For Turning In Guns (investmentwatchblog.com)
- Chicago police paying to disarm citizens (sovereignman.com)
- Chicago Police Collect 5,500 Weapons During Gun Turn-In (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- Police To Hold Gun Turn-In Event This Weekend (sgtreport.com)
- Chicago Police Department won’t release emails on Koschman case (suntimes.com)
- Police To Hold Gun Turn-In Event This Weekend (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- Chicago police organizational chart (adolphustenney.typepad.com)