June 29, 2012
Now that government employees in black robes have upheld Obamacare and shifted compliance over to thugs at the IRS, we can expect further encroachments on our constitutional rights. The Obamacare precedent has emboldened a tyrannical federal government.
Gun Owners of America notes that the law requires the medical information of all Americans to be entered in a database and argues that this will be used against legal gun owners.
“Centralizing these medical records will allow the FBI to troll a list of Americans for ailments such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) to deny them their gun rights, in the same way that the Veterans Administration has already denied more than 150,000 veterans their right to bear arms,” GOA writes.
PTSD is only the beginning. There are any number of medical conditions the government will ultimately cite in order to restrict gun ownership.
- ObamaCare Decision Means Feds Will Continue to Cull Gun Owner Information (patricksperry.wordpress.com)
- Pick the Long or Short Form, But Take the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Screening (diplopundit.net)
- Pick the Long or Short Form, But Take the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Screening (burtont73.wordpress.com)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: When It’s Real, It’s Real (blogs.lawyers.com)
- Heart Attacks Can Trigger Post-Traumatic Stress (news.health.com)
- Post-ICU PTSD Update (jajsamos.wordpress.com)
- Statement by HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius recognizing Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Awareness Month (pattidudek.typepad.com)
- Nan Levinson: Mad, Bad, Sad: What’s Really Happened to America’s Soldiers (huffingtonpost.com)
- Bill proposed to change PTSD military programs (thenewstribune.com)
- 1 in 8 Heart Patients Suffer PTSD (neurosciencenews.com)