Jerusalem (CNN) — A Palestinian mosque in the village of Jabaa was vandalized and partially set on fire early Tuesday morning, Israeli and Palestinian officials said, with both sides suspecting Israeli settlers of the attack.
“We woke up to the sound of people screaming in the village to save the mosque from being torched,” said Abdallah Sharaf, head of the village council. The village is east of Ramallah in the West Bank.
“A group of settlers arrived at the village of Jabaa around 1:30 a.m. and broke one of the windows of the mosque and threw flammable material, burning a carpet and door and window. Also the settlers wrote graffiti reading ‘Ulpana’ and ‘the war has started’, ” Sharaf said and adding “We condemn such a criminal act.”
- Extremist Israeli Settlers Set Fire to Zaid Bin Hareth Mosque in Jaba’ village, (windowintopalestine.blogspot.com)
- Palestinian mosque burned in suspected settler attack (edition.cnn.com)
- West Bank Mosque Is Set Ablaze and Vandalized (nytimes.com)
- #PHOTOS | Mosque in Jebah West Bank attacked by extremist Jewish colonists (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- #GazaUnderAttack | Israel murders more Palestinians ~ by Khalid Amayreh (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- Palestinian mosque torched in West Bank (dailystar.com.lb)
- Israel’s ‘price tag’ terrorism has tactical political goals (theuglytruth.wordpress.com)
- Palestinian mosque torched in West Bank (thehindu.com)
- Based On Past Experience, A Muslim May Have Burned Down That Mosque (ifaynsh.wordpress.com)
- Jewish Extremists Burn Mosque Near Jerusalem (alethonews.wordpress.com)