INDIANAPOLIS — A man’s attempt to bring the ashes of his grandfather home to Indianapolis ended with an angry scene in a Florida airport, with the ashes spilled on the terminal floor.
John Gross, a resident of Indianapolis’ south side, was leaving Florida with the remains of his grandfather — Mario Mark Marcaletti, a Sicilian immigrant who worked for the Penn Central Railroad in central Indiana — in a tightly sealed jar marked “Human Remains.”
Gross said he didn’t think he’d have a problem, until he ran into a TSA agent at the Orlando airport.
- TSA Agent Opens Canister Containing Man’s Grandfather’s Ashes, Spills It, Laughs (reason.com)
- TSA Agent Dumps Grandpa’s Ashes – Laughs (randazza.wordpress.com)
- TSA spills cremated remains, laughs at man frantically sweeping up grandpa’s bone fragments (americablog.com)
- Woman Collects 500,000 Pennies For Girl’s Tuition (fox8.com)
- Some Worry Over Safety Of County Fair Rides – Indiana News Story – WRTV Indianapolis (faircarnivals.com)
- PLS Helps Needy Indianapolis Residents Keep Cool in Summer’s Heat (prweb.com)
- 2010: ‘Year Of Pigs’ – Indiana News Story – WRTV Indianapolis (faircarnivals.com)
- Indiana State Fair Steams Toward Record Attendance – Indiana News Story – WRTV Indianapolis (showpeople.typepad.com)
- Secret video proves TSA to be total security fraud (theaveragejoenewsblogg.com)
- Woman Allegedly Groped TSA Agent (huffingtonpost.com)