Swastikas will be celebrated in cities throughout the United States and around the world in a day organized by the Raelian movement.
The group has announced rallies to take place June 23 in Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston and Miami for the third annual Swastika Rehabilitation Day. Swastika banners will fly and street swastika animations will be presented in Karlsruhe, Germany, and in Tel Aviv.
The Raelian movement, founded in 1974, says that it has more than 70,000 members in 104 countries. Followers believe, according to the group’s website, that “thousands of years ago, scientists from another planet came to Earth and created all forms of life, including human beings, whom they created in their own image.” Raelians also believes that the word “Elohim,” one of the Hebrew words for God, refers to “people who came from the sky” and who sent “messengers” to teach humans non-violence and respect.
The movement’s symbol is a swastika embedded in a Jewish star.
- The Raelians – Bringing Back the Swastika (ufos.about.com)
- Zeitgeist Movement and the Alien Agenda… (livingjourney.wordpress.com)
- Madonna Flashes Swastika, Creates Controversy in Tel Aviv (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- SFgate.comLA mom charged with aiding kid in swastika scrawl (sfgate.com)
- Officials: 5 Swastikas Found Painted At Different Locations In Borough Park (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Oklahoma District 59 state representative candidate says wearing swastika in photo was part of a costume (newsok.com)
- Madonna Uses Nazi Imagery – Including Hitler, Swastikas – During Israel Concert (gossipcop.com)
- Swastika Spray Painted Onto Dallas Street (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- NYPD Investigating After Swastikas Found On Van, Light Pole In Brooklyn (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Rael to Tiger Woods: ‘Divorce and Enjoy Polyamory’ (prweb.com)