Fast and Furious cover-up threatens to dwarf Watergate
Paul Joseph Watson
Thursday, June 21, 2012
President Barack Obama’s “Nixon moment,” his assertion of executive privilege to prevent the release of potentially incriminating Justice Department documents relating to the Fast and Furious scandal, is at odds with Obama’s 2007 argument that administrations should not “hide behind executive privilege.”
During an interview five years ago with CNN’s Larry King concerning the midterm dismissal of seven United States Attorneys by the Bush administration’s Department of Justice, Obama attacked the notion of governments trying to “hide behind executive privilege every time there’s something a little shaky that’s taking place.”
However, that’s precisely what Obama has done by refusing to hand over documents from February 2011 which could potentially prove that the Obama administration from the top down was not only aware that guns were being deliberately smuggled to Mexican drug gangs but that the entire operation was engineered by the DOJ itself.
The House Government Oversight and Reform Committee reacted to Obama’s claim of executive privilege by voting to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress.
Holder has already demonstrably lied to Congress on several occasions, most recently when he claimed that emails dating from October 2010 which referred to “Fast and Furious” did not refer to Operation Fast and Furious but to another program called “Wide Receiver”. In reality, the emails referred to both programs, proving that Holder was being deceptive.
- Fast and Furious: Covering up the Death of a U.S. Agent (papundits.wordpress.com)
- Flashback 2007: Senator Obama Criticized President Bush For Trying To ‘Hide Behind’ Executive Privilege (mediaite.com)
- Pelosi: Holder contempt vote about voter suppression… (washingtonexaminer.com)
- Fast And Furious Cover-Up Continues: Obama Asserts Executive Privilege Over Documents (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Obama Gets Involved In Fast And Furious (personalliberty.com)
- Morning Bell: President Obama’s Fast and Furious Scandal Grows – Heritage.org (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Video: Obama not a big fan of executive privilege in 2007 (hotair.com)
- | Obtuse Obama bars Congress from obtaining Fast and Furious papers! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Obama Once Attacked ‘Hiding Behind Executive Privilege’ (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
- House panel backs contempt for Holder, Issa says floor vote can still be avoided (foxnews.com)