June 21, 2012
In a vein effort to cover his tracks and protect his cohorts, President Barack Obama is claiming “executive privilege” regarding Fast and Furious (F&F) documents that expose their operation to smuggle weapons into Mexico by way of US agents that were handed off directly to Mexican drug cartels.
The House Oversight Committee (HOC), headed by Chair Darrell Issa, is flat out demanding that classified and undisclosed documents that show the Department of Justice (DoJ) and Attorney General Eric Holder were directly involved with the F&F operation.
Just as the Oversight Committee votes on holding Holder in contempt or not, Obama claims a thinly veiled retreat; perhaps to mitigate his exposed connection to the DoJ’s involvement in the ruined operation.
Holder had attempted to subvert responsibility by offering to negotiate with Congress; yet Issa refused, moving forward with a motion for contempt of Congress.
Issa asserts: “The committee has uncovered serious wrongdoing by the Justice Department. That wrongdoing has cost lives on both sides of the border.”
James Cole, Deputy Attorney General for the DoJ, wrote a letter to Issa acknowledging Holder’s “failure to comply with the Committee’s subpoena of October 11, 2011” however they claim they have made an “extraordinary effort to accommodate the Committee’s legitimate oversight interests” and provided “over 7,600 pages of documents and has made numerous high-level officials available for public congressional testimony, transcribed interviews, and briefings.”
- Obama Asserts Executive Privilege to Hide Involvement in Fast and Furious (activistpost.com)
- The Republican Witchhunt Against Attorney General Eric Holder (skydancingblog.com)
- House committee votes to hold Holder in contempt (wnd.com)
- | Obtuse Obama bars Congress from obtaining Fast and Furious papers! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Obama bars Congress from obtaining Fast and Furious papers (EndtheLie.com)
- House panel backs contempt for Holder, Issa says floor vote can still be avoided (foxnews.com)
- INVESTOR’S BUSINESS DAILY: Obama’s Executive Privilege Has The Stench Of Cover-Up. President Oba… (pjmedia.com)
- Pelosi: Holder contempt vote about voter suppression… (washingtonexaminer.com)
- Congressional committee could hold Holder in contempt today (thegrio.com)
- Obama bars Congress from obtaining Fast and Furious papers (rt.com)